Gastro 8 1.8 kg
protecting the stomach wall.
In the equine stomach, stomach acid is produced 24/7. As a result, the horse’s stomach is very susceptible
to the development of sores and ulcers. The herbs in Cavalor Gastro Aid (Paste) provide the necessary
protection for the stomach wall against excess stomach acid. To provide extra assistance for the
stomach, they stimulate the production of saliva and help the stomach wall recover from any ulcers.
A horse constantly produces stomach acid. This means that when the stomach is empty, the stomach acid irritates the
stomach wall and causes sores or ulcers. There are several ways to protect the stomach from this stomach acid. Ideally,
the horse has hay available throughout the day, and the hay’s fibres form a protective mat in the stomach that absorbs
the acid and gives it no chance of harming the stomach wall. In addition, the amount of sugar and starch in each meal
must be kept as low as possible because sugar and starch among other things increase acid production.
Feed management is an essential aspect in preventing stomach ulcers, but once stomach ulcers have been diagnosed
there is a greater chance that they will come back sooner or later. For this reason, it is recommended that horses
susceptible to stomach ulcers receive daily support.
Cavalor Gastro Aid mainly consists of herbs that protect the stomach wall and help neutralise
stomach acid. This in turn means that the stomach acid is much less likely to damage the
stomach wall. Also, Cavalor Gastro Aid provides faster healing if the stomach wall has already
• Yeast cultures: aid in feed absorption and the digestibility of feed materials.
• Gentiana Lutea: stimulates saliva production and neutralises stomach acid, meaning there is less chance of the
stomach acid affecting the stomach wall.
• Melissa officinalis: protects the stomach wall.
• Glycyrrhiza glabra: affects the regulation of the gastrointestinal function and has an antibacterial effect.
• Zingiber officinale: protects the stomach wall and helps damaged tissues heal faster, preventing the stomach acid
from affecting the stomach wall.
• Centaurium erythraea: stimulates the production of saliva.
• Mastica: has a healing effect on the stomach.